Alaska – Voyage of the Glaciers 2022
CREDIT UNION VOLUNTEERS FORUM 2021
May 20 – 27, 2022
Seattle, Washington – round trip
Celebrity Cruise Line – ‘Solstice’
EXPLORE STRATEGIES & SKILLS NEEDED TO IMPACT THE SUCCESS OF YOUR CREDIT UNION
The speed of change is both exciting and frightening. Credit Unions can’t continue to do “business as usual”, but must become flexible and quick. To be able to do this, credit unions must have an understanding of critical changes impacting growth, leadership success and innovation. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of those strategies needed to better prepare for fast-paced change.
Ships have been sailing from Seattle to Alaska since the gold rush. Now it’s your turn to follow in the wake of history on a seven-day conference cruise filled with glacier-carved fjords, forested islets and quaint ports along Alaska’s famed Inside Passage.
Journey through the wild terrain of Alaska and discover the natural wonders that await as the rugged beauty of this pristine frontier unfolds. Enjoy luxurious staterooms, cuisine, and service as you discover Seattle, Ketchikan, Juneau,
Skagway and Victoria, British Colombia. Hike through a rainforest, kayak past majestic mountains, explore nature in the surrounding islands, whale-watching and a variety of other adventurous activities.
Don’t miss this opportunity of a lifetime to learn and cruise to some of the most beautiful ports in North America’s Final Frontier … Alaska.
Credit Union Topics We Will Navigate
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- From Bylaws to Travel Policies: Creating Governance Documents that Work
- High Level Questions Boards Can Use to Increase Effectiveness
- Conduct Risk and Ethics for Credit Union Volunteers
- Learning from Other’s Mistakes: When Bad Things Happen to Good Credit Unions
- Open Forum: Let’s Discuss Those Key Issues That Keep You Up at Night
- And Much More …
Landing Big Benefits For Your Credit Union
- Receive Free Consultation with our onboard industry leaders
- Participate in multiple networking opportunities
- Discuss leadership concepts and techniques that can make a difference
- Discover how an effective Board/Management Team equals future success
- Learn how your credit union can thrive in times of fast paced change
- Create a game-plan for future regulatory and economic change
- Collect usable ideas and strategies to implement back home
- Find solutions to problems your CU is facing today, and will soon be encountering
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Plenty of networking opportunities throughout this educational journey
SPEAKER FOR THE COURSE
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee.
His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. David offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Nationally recognized speaker, writer and communications professional, Diane Reed, currently serves as President of CUDoctor, a full-service credit union consultancy, assisting credit unions nationwide with human resource, marketing, community relations, compliance, sales, training, board relations and governance, and executive support. Prior to joining CUDoctor, Diane served for more than a decade as Vice President of Administration for a mid-sized credit union. Diane’s expertise in “Service-Oriented Culture Change” has been cited in such publications as “Credit Union Times”, “Credit Union Management” and a host of other industry magazines. She has co-authored cross-discipline (Human Resources and Security) articles such as “Bad Guys Don’t Always Wear Black” published in “Credit Union Magazine.” In 2016, she teamed up with CUNA to create and deliver the industry’s first Credit Union HR Compliance Certification School, a program which has proven not only popular but a new “necessary” for all credit union HR professionals.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Featuring the latest innovations, Celebrity Solstice is one of the most incredible cruise ships afloat. From her large number of balconies, you can enjoy sweeping views of dramatic landscapes. After experiencing the relaxed comfort of our intimate onboard venues, however, you may not want to explore the beauty ashore! The serenity of The Solstice, and the casual atmosphere of the Piazza, may just reel you in for the day, while your nights might be filled with great tasting cuisine offered in one of the numerous restaurants, followed by an endless assortment of entertainment options.
Ten different restaurants and ten bars and lounges as well as 24-hour room service; outdoor pool, day spa and fitness center, themed bars and lounges; shopping, casino, and much more!
PORT & CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Redefining the cruising experience one room at a time. Our staterooms are an alluring escape from the non-stop action our cruise ships are known for. From our spectacular views to our deluxe amenities, a stay with us is like nothing at sea.
Select the perfect one of these beautiful cabins to rest, relax and rejuvenate:
Interior Stateroom – An affordable, comfortable choice for your relaxing pleasure
Outside Stateroom – Enjoy the nice sized window in this comfy cabin
Balcony Stateroom – Sit and watch the world go by on your private balcony
Package Pricing: Double Occupancy
- Oceanview Stateroom – Category 07 : $1,982.67 per person, double occupancy
- Verandah Stateroom – Category 2B : $2,229.67 per person, double occupancy
- Concierge Class Stateroom – Category C3 : $2,374.67 per person, double occupancy
Single Rates :
- Oceanview Stateroom – Category 08: $3,451.62 per person, single occupancy
- Verandah Stateroom – Category 2B : $3,721.62 per person, single occupancy
- Concierge Class Stateroom – Category C2 : $3,951.62 per person, single occupancy
Enclosed pricing is capacity controlled. Rates are subject to change once the staterooms reserved have been sold. Additional stateroom categories are available based on current rates. Cruise taxes and fees are included and subject to change.
Package Price Includes:
- Seven-night cruise aboard Celebrity’s Solstice
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and room service on board ship (some specialty restaurants may be an additional cost)
- Choice of Oceanview and balcony cabin categories
- Classic drink package (restrictions apply)
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Gratuities to shipboard staff
- Current taxes and fees
- Entertainment as provided onboard the Solstice
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
3rd and 4th Person costs upon request.
Not Included: Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
Initial Deposit: $250.00 per person to secure your stateroom
Final Payment: No later than February 8, 2022
Travel Documentation: Valid Passport
CU EduCruises Registration Fee Information:
* $1,400.00 registration fee for each Conference attendee (not each person) – If paid by check
* $1,500 registration fee for each Conference attendee – If paid by Credit Card
* $100.00 Early Booking Registration Fee discount if reserved by July 1, 2021
* Seattle Airport/Ship Transfers: if arriving and departing day of cruise are an additional cost - $59.90 roundtrip/ $29.95 one way (subject to change). Must arrive prior to 12:45pm prior to cruise departure. Flight return must be 11:45am or after at the end of the cruise.
Celebrity Cancellation Fees:
From date of deposit to February / 8, 2022 Initial deposit of $250.00 per person
February 9 – March 4, 2022 / 25% package price cancellation fee
March 5 – March 18, 2022 / 50% package price cancellation fee
March 19 – April 19, 2022 / 75% package price cancellation fee
April 20, 2022 to 0 days prior to travel No refunds
Additional fees may apply if airline tickets are purchased.
Fox Cancellation Fees:
In addition to any vendor (airline, hotel, tour operator, or other travel supplier) fees, Fox World Travel charges the following fees for changes or cancellations:
Between the date of deposit through February 8, 2022: $100.00 per person
From February 9, 2022 to time of departure: $200.00 per person
Contact our FOX World Travel Team at:
Toll Free: 1-888-367-2571