Alaska By Land & Sea 2021
CREDIT UNION LEADERSHIP BOOT CAMP
July 20 – 31st, 2021
Anchorage – Denali National Park – Fairbanks – Dawson City – Whitehorse – Skagway – Glacier Bay – Ketchikan – Vancouver, British Columbia
Holland America Cruise Line – ‘MS Koningsdam’
EXPLORE LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES & SKILLS THAT WILL IMPACT THE SUCCESS OF YOUR CREDIT UNION
The speed of change in the financial industry is both exciting and challenging. Credit Unions can’t continue to do “business as usual”, but must become flexible and quick. To be able to do this, credit unions must have an understanding of critical changes impacting strategic growth, leadership success and innovation. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes are coming, how to prepare for fast paced change, and how to use change to better serve the members.
Celebrated in song, poem and tall tale, the `Gold Rush` of Alaska must be experienced for oneself! You`ll journey to those places that made Alaska & the Yukon famous! Learn the history of the gold boom town of Kantishna as you explore beautiful Denali National Park. Pan for gold nuggets in the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks, and venture to where it all started back in the Days of `98, Dawson City! Your conference adventure includes a 7-night guided land tour and a relaxing 4-night Alaskan cruise onboard Holland America`s ship ‘MS Koningsdam’. Isn`t it time to start writing your own tales? There`s no better place than Alaska and the Yukon to capture those stories!
Credit Union Topics We Will Navigate
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- From Bylaws to Travel Policies: Creating Governance Documents that Work
- High Level Questions Boards Can Use to Increase Effectiveness
- Conduct Risk and Ethics for Credit Union Volunteers
- Learning from Other’s Mistakes: When Bad Things Happen to Good Credit Unions
- Open Forum: Let’s Discuss Those Key Issues That Keep You Up at Night
- And Much More …
Landing Big Benefits For Your Credit Union
- Receive Free Consultation with our industry leaders
- Participate in multiple networking opportunities
- Discuss leadership concepts and techniques that can make a difference
- Discover how an effective Board/Management Team equals future success
- Learn how your credit union can thrive in times of fast paced change
- Create a game-plan for future regulatory and economic change
- Collect usable ideas and strategies to implement back home
- Find solutions to problems your CU is facing today, and will soon be encountering
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Plenty of networking opportunities throughout this educational journey
SPEAKER FOR THE COURSE
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee. His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. He offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Nationally recognized speaker, writer and communications professional, Diane Reed, currently serves as President of CUDoctor, a full-service credit union consultancy, assisting credit unions nationwide with human resource, marketing, community relations, compliance, sales, training, board relations and governance, and executive support. Prior to joining CUDoctor, Diane served for more than a decade as Vice President of Administration for a mid-sized credit union. Diane’s expertise in “Service-Oriented Culture Change” has been cited in such publications as “Credit Union Times”, “Credit Union Management” and a host of other industry magazines. She has co-authored cross-discipline (Human Resources and Security) articles such as “Bad Guys Don’t Always Wear Black” published in “Credit Union Magazine.” In 2016, she teamed up with CUNA to create and deliver the industry’s first Credit Union HR Compliance Certification School, a program which has proven not only popular but a new “necessary” for all credit union HR professionals.
ABOUT THE SHIP
The first of Holland America Line’s Pinnacle-class ships, ‘Koningsdam’ combines 21st- century elegance and nautical tradition. Inspired by music, her design features fluid lines, light-filled spaces and innovative, new dining and entertainment venues—from the dazzling, two-story World Stage to Music Walk™, with Lincoln Center Stage, B.B. King’s Blues Club and Billboard Onboard. Truly a destination all her own, there’s much to explore on ‘Koningsdam’. Specialty dining includes the Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Canaletto, Rudi’s Sel de Mer and the Grand Dutch Café. Truly a destination all her own, there’s much to explore on ‘Koningsdam’.
PORT & CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Itinerary & Meeting Days and Times Subject to Change. Our CU EduCruise Group Leaders will communicate any changes throughout the trip
11:00 am to 7:00 pm: The port of Ketchikan is our stop today. Of the many excursions offered here, float plane trips to misty fjord, totem parks, fishing excursions, zip lining, and even snorkeling are quite popular! It’s also a shopper’s haven with a myriad of stores just steps from the ship. Stroll over to famous Creek Street to visit lovely boutique shops, watch for salmon, hike the wooded trails or take in a panoramic view from the Cape Fox Lodge.
Redefining the cruising experience one room at a time. Our staterooms are an alluring escape from the non-stop action our cruise ships are known for. From our spectacular views to our deluxe amenities, a stay with us is like nothing at sea.
Select the perfect one of these beautiful cabins to rest, relax and rejuvenate:
Interior Stateroom – An affordable, comfortable choice for your relaxing pleasure
Outside Stateroom – Enjoy the nice sized window in this comfy cabin
Balcony Stateroom – Sit and watch the world go by on your private balcony
Package Pricing: Double Occupancy
- Interior Stateroom - Category J: $3,615.00 per person, double occupancy
- Oceanview - Category C: $4,035.00 per person, double occupancy
- Balcony Stateroom - Category VD: $4,165.00 per person, double occupancy
- Balcony Stateroom - Category VC: $4,185.00 per person, double occupancy
- Balcony Stateroom - Category VA: $4,225.00 per person, double occupancy
- Vista Suite - Category A: $4,465.00 per person, double occupancy
- Neptune Suite - Category SA: $5,515.00 per person, double occupancy
Package Pricing: Single Occupancy
- Interior Stateroom - Category J: $6,604.00 single occupancy
- Oceanview - Category C: $7,444.00 single occupancy
- Balcony Stateroom - Category VD: $7,704.00 single occupancy
- Balcony Stateroom - Category VC: $7,744.00 single occupancy
- Balcony Stateroom - Category VA: $7,824.00 single occupancy
- Vista Suite - Category A: $8,074.00 single occupancy
- Neptune Suite - Category SA: $10,404.00 single
Additional pricing 3rd/4th pax rates available upon request.
Quoted pricing is capacity controlled. Rates are subject to change once the staterooms reserved have been sold. Additional stateroom categories are available based on current rates.
Not Included: Airline flights, travel insurance, optional excursions, gratuities to airport porters or transfer drivers, meals (unless noted), gratuities to Holland America land staff or shipboard staff, restaurant surcharges (if applicable), baggage fees, medical services, other fees charged by the airlines or any personal items. Holland America transfers are available. See below for more details.
Conference Registration Fee:
* $1,700.00 registration fee for the Conference attendee if paid by check
* $1,800.00 registration fee for the Conference attendee if paid by credit card
Initial Deposit: $700.00 per person
Final Payment: No later than April 12, 2021
Requirements: A valid US passport is necessary with a minimum validity of 6 months from date of return
Optional Transfers: Transfers are available through Holland America. Flight arrival into Anchorage can be at any time on the first travel day, arriving prior to 10:00 pm if possible and departure from Vancouver should be after 11:00 am.
Anchorage from Airport to Hotel - $15.00 per person (rates subject to change)
Vancouver from ship to Airport - $29.00 per person (rates subject to change)
Option: Transfers from the ship, in Vancouver, to Seattle are available through Holland America (2020 cost $69.00 pp, may go up in 2021).
* Pre/Post hotels available upon request. Ask Fox World Travel
WHAT YOUR RATE INCLUDES:
Package Price Includes:
- Seven-night land package to include, One-night Anchorage; two nights Denali National Park; one-night Fairbanks; two nights Dawson City; one-night Whitehorse
- Four-night cruise on Holland America’s Koningsdam - Embark from Skagway,
- Glacier Bay National Park scenic cruising, Ketchikan, disembark Vancouver
- Hotel and cruise taxes and fees (subject to change)
- Cruise to include choice of suite, balcony, oceanview with window, or interior staterooms
- Cruise portion to include breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Onboard activities, entertainment, Greenhouse Spa & Salon, casino, art auctions, internet café, library, boutiques & more! (some fees may apply)
- Land Tour to include:
- Holland America Journey Host
- Denali National Park Tundra Wilderness Tour (6 to 8 hours, with snack box included)
- Historic Gold Dredge #8 - Gold Panning Included
- Klondike Spirit Yukon River Cruise
- White Pass & Yukon Route Rail Journey to Skagway
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details
Land & Cruise Package Cancellation Penalties:
Time of booking to May 14, 2021: $700.00
May 15 to June 4, 2021: 50% penalty per person
June 5 to June 25, 2021: 75% penalty per person
June 26, 2021 or less days prior to departure: No Refund
Additional fees may apply for cancelled air reservation if purchased through Fox World Travel. Once airline tickets are ticketed, they may be non-refundable. Cancellation fees may apply for EduCruises Registration fee.
Contact our FOX World Travel Team at:
Toll Free: 1-888-367-2571