SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN EDUCRUISE 2019
CREDIT UNION LEADERSHIP AT SEA CAMP
November 3 - November 10th, 2019
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas
Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Johns, St. Lucia, Barbados
EXPLORING LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR CREDIT UNION’S SUCCESS
As leaders, planning for the future can be a frightening and risky process. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes are coming, and how to strategically plan for future success as Directors and Committee Members. This educational cruise/conference will also be a leadership skills primer, which attendees will be able to immediately use … at the credit union, and in life.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and discover new leadership techniques and skills while experiencing some of the most beautiful tropical islands in the gorgeous Southern Caribbean
Join us on the beautiful ‘Freedom of the Seas’ as we meet together while sailing through the beautiful Southern Caribbean from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
THIS CU EDUCRUISE IS PACKED WITH POWERFUL INFORMATION FOCUSED AROUND KEY POWERFUL TOPICS
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. There are plenty of networking opportunities throughout this educational journey.
- What’s Ahead for Credit Unions? — Learn about the Challenges and Opportunities impacting credit unions going forward.
- Story Telling - The sharing of credit union success stories and best practices.
- The Leadership Challenge – NECESSARY Skills that Directors & Committee Members will need, to be successful in the future.
- What do Credit Union Members and Potential Members Really Want & Need? — We'll discuss consumer trends and changing preferences.
- Understanding the Next Waive of Competition – Amazon to Fintechs
- Why do Some Credit Unions Succeed, While Others Fail? - Discover how to learn from, and avoid, critical leadership mistakes.
- Let’s Talk: An Open Forum Discussion of Key Areas of Credit Union Challenges, Concerns & Opportunities.
LANDING BIG BENEFITS FOR YOUR CREDIT UNION
*Receive Complimentary Consultation with our on-board industry leaders
*Participate in several networking opportunities
*Discuss key strategic leadership approaches that can make a difference to your credit union’s growth
*Develop your personal leadership and communication skills
*Discover how an effective Board/Management Team equals future success
*Learn from others about their Credit Union's plans for implementing new products and services
*Discover how your credit union can thrive in times of fast paced changing technology, regulations and legislation
*Create a strategic game-plan for future survival
*Find solutions to problems your CU is facing today, and will soon be encountering
*Share with other CU volunteers and management staff from around the country
Speaker for the Course
TONY ROBINSON is Founder of Credit Union EduCruises, a credit union conference/cruise and training organization located in Birmingham, Alabama.
Tony has presented credit union educational sessions in numerous states across America, and also in 23 countries around the world. His sessions include such topics as Credit Union Leadership, Board/CEO Communication, Creating World Class Member Service, Understanding Why Some Credit Unions Fail, Credit Union Board/Management Succession Planning, and much more. Tony is known for his fast-paced, creative and fun presentation style!
Before founding Credit Union EduCruises, Tony has held leadership positions with the CUNA Mutual Group, Tennessee Credit Union League, EPL Software & Data Processing, and two large credit unions. He was also the Founder of Masterful Events, Inc., a credit union training and consulting company.
Tony has a BS Degree in Business Management from the University of South Alabama. He is also a graduate of the Southeast CUNA Management School, and the CUNA Graduate Management School.
About the Ship
The Royal Caribbean ‘Freedom of the Sea’s was the world’s most anticipated cruise ship since the Cunard Queen Mary 2 when it was launched. The Freedom of the Seas replaced the Queen Mary 2 as the largest cruise ship in the world–160,000 tons compared to the QM2’s 150,000 tons. (The QM2 will keep the longest cruise ship title since she is about 20 feet longer than the Freedom of the Seas, and the newer ships the Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, and Harmony of the Seas have more tonnage than the Freedom of the Seas.)
The Freedom of the Seas is an Ultra-Voyager because she is an extension of the Royal Caribbean International (RCI) Voyager of the Seas class. The ship’s extra length and size has enabled RCI to include lots of exciting options never seen on a cruise ship before such as:
- Rock-climbing wall
- Ice-skating rink
- Surfing pool
- Royal Promenade
- Extensive WiFi capabilities and connectivity for cell phones
- Full-size, flat-screen TVs in every stateroom
- Themed bars and lounges
- Adventure Ocean® youth facilities
- ShipShape® Day Spa and Fitness Center
- Casino Royale
The ‘Freedom of the Seas’ has a very large main dining room on three levels. Dining is at two seatings and the room is non-smoking. Tables are available for four, six, eight, ten, or twelve. The Freedom has many casual alternative dining options available so that passengers can eat somewhere almost all day and night.
Indulge in la dolce vita at Chef Jamie Oliver’s acclaimed eatery, Jaime’s Italian. Take a flavor-filled journey to the exotic Far East at Izumi. Find your element among the elaborate entrees at Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine. Or embark on a globetrotting gourmet adventure at Windjammer Marketplace. Set sail for delectable, with world class complimentary cruise dining plus classic and avant-garde specialty onboard cruise restaurants— all with satisfying selections for the foodie and the finicky.
An essential part of a luxurious and relaxing cruise is finding the perfect spot to match your mood and occasion. With this philosophy in mind, we have designed each of our bars as a unique destination unto itself. The menus offer a diverse selection of classics and the latest trends. Some also reflect the regions we visit. To keep our menus fresh and current, we work with a variety of sources, including Mixologists from the brands we serve, and our creative and passionate beverage staff. Each bar has its own team of specialists, and they take pride in the unique features of their venue.
When we said you would be entertained from sunup to sundown, we weren’t kidding. We’ll entertain you in the main theater with high energy, classic tribute shows rivaling Broadway and Vegas productions. Also lighting up the main stage are guest entertainers, including comedians, singers, instrumentalists and magicians. Royal Caribbean aims to give you the best entertainment experience where the everyday simply disappears.
|Nov. 3, 2019 : Sun.||San Juan, Puerto Rico||Embark
|Nov. 4, 2019: Mon.||Philipsburg, St. Maarten||8:00am||5:00pm|
|Nov. 5, 2019: Tues.||Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Nov. 6, 2019: Wed.||St. Johns, Antigua||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Nov. 7, 2019: Thurs.||Castries, St. Lucia||9:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Nov. 8, 2019: Fri.||Bridgetown, Barbados||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Nov. 9, 2019: Sat.||Cruising||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Nov. 10, 2019: Sun.||San Juan, Puerto Rico||6:00 am||Disembark|
Promenade staterooms feature a view of the Royal Promenade with bowed windows. They have two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, and a private bathroom Cabin size is 160 square feet – sleeps two
Ocean View staterooms have two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, and a private bathroom. Cabin size is 160 square feet – sleeps two
SPACIOUS OCEAN VIEW BALCONY
Spacious Balcony staterooms have two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, a sitting area, and a private balcony. Cabin size is 206 square feet. Balcony size is 42 sq ft
Junior Suites have two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, a private balcony, and a sitting area (some with sofa bed). Cabin size is 299 square feet. Balcony size is 65 sq ft
- Interior Promenade: $1,274.00 per person, double occupancy
- Oceanview: $1,314.00 per person, double occupancy
- Oceanview Balcony: $1,424.00 per person, double occupancy
- Spacious Oceanview Balcony: $1,474.00 per person, double occupancy
- Junior Suite: $1,895.00 per person, double occupancy
- Interior Promenade: $2,246.00 per person, double occupancy
- Oceanview: $2,326.00 per person, double occupancy
- Oceanview Balcony: $2,555.00 per person, double occupancy
- Spacious Oceanview Balcony: $2,656.00 per person, double occupancy
- Junior Suite : $3,467.00 per person, double occupancy
3rd and 4th Person: Call for cost.
CONFERENCE FEE RATE(s):
$1,600 per attendee if Booked “After” March 1st, 2019. (Normal Cost)
(NOTE – Guest(s) of Attendees will “Not be Charged” a Conference Fee at any time.)
Not Included: Airline tickets; airline-imposed baggage fees; airport gratuities to baggage handlers, medical services; any other items of a personal nature. A valid passport is required. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
Deposit: $400.00 per person at time of booking
Final payment date: August 19, 2019
Date of Booking to August 19, 2019: $200.00 per person
August 20 – October 25, 2019: 75% of trip cost
October 26 to departure: No refund
Airline Tickets: If airline tickets are purchased through Fox World Travel, once purchased, they may be non-refundable.
Air Timing: Latest flight on the inbound is by 6pm; earliest flight on the outbound following the cruise is 11am.
(OPTIONAL) Trip Insurance – you must pay the premium with a check.
What Your Rate Includes:
Seven-night cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas roundtrip San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and room service on board ship, (specialty restaurants may be additional)
- Choice of Interior Promenade View Cabin, Ocean View Cabin, Balcony Cabin, and Junior Suite accommodations
- Onboard gratuities to housekeeping services, your stateroom attendant, and dining services
- Deluxe beverage package including wine by the glass, beer, fountain soda, premium cocktails, frozen drinks, bottled water, fresh orange juice, and specialty coffee drinks (passengers 1 & 2 in a room if over 21 years of age)**
- Early seating is confirmed in the dining room
- Current taxes and fees
- Entertainment as provided onboard the Freedom of the Seas
- Customized, informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful planning information