Burgundy & Provence Rhone River EduCruise 2023
CREDIT UNION DISCOVERY SYMPOSIUM
July 11 – 20th 2023
Avalon Waterways River Cruises – ‘Poetry II’
Lyon, France to Nice, France
CALL FOX WORLD TRAVEL FOR CABIN AVAILABILITY.
EXPLORING LEADERSHIP CHALLENGES THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR CREDIT UNION’S SUCCESS
Planning for the future can be a frightening and risky process. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes are coming, and how to strategically plan for future success. This educational cruise/conference will focus on challenges, opportunities and changes that will impact BOARD, CEO’s & COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
Participate in numerous sessions while enjoying a delightful river cruise through Southern France along the Rhône and Saône Rivers, with guided tours in well-known French treasures and some hidden gems too! Take in the beautiful countryside, quaint villages and towns, as you sail through the most captivating views of France. Lyon France’s gastronomic capital, founded by the Romans in 43 BC, sits at the junction of the Rhône and Saône Rivers and is a showcase of medieval and Renaissance architecture. Visit the popular Place des Terreaux with its lively cafés and monuments and stand in front of the famous fountain seen on postcards. With plenty of time to explore this historical city further, be sure to sample Beaujolais, the famous wine of the region. Beautifully nestled among vineyards, is the city of Tournon, a medieval treasure with plenty of Roman ruins and a fascinating 16th-century castle, where you’ll go on a guided walk. Continue your river cruise to historical Avignon and see the 14th-century Palace of the Popes—the largest Gothic fortress in the world.
Enjoy your two last nights in captivating Nice, France located on the French Riviera. Relax along the remarkably blue water of the Mediterranean Sea—a perfect ending to this River EduCruise journey!
This Credit Union EduCruise is packed with powerful topics and useful information, focused around these key strategic areas of concentration:
- Questions that Board & Committee Members Need to Ask
- Ethics for Volunteers
- Effective CEO, Board & Committee Member Relationships
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- Key Issues and Concerns Impacting your Leadership Strategy
- Why Some Credit Unions Fail
- And much more …
BENEFITS FOR YOU & YOUR CREDIT UNION:
- Receive Free Consultation with our on-board industry leader
- Participate in several networking opportunities
- Review new leadership concepts that can make a difference
- Discover how an effective Board/CEO Team equals future success
- Learn from others about their Credit Unions
- Discover how your credit union can thrive in times of change
- Create a strategic game-plan for future survival
- Find solutions to problems your CU is facing today
- Share with other CU volunteers and management staff
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Some Pre-Cruise Work may be assigned. Plenty of Networking opportunities throughout this educational journey.
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee. His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. He offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Mr. Reed received his undergraduate degree from Virginia Tech in 1986 and his Juris Doctorate from George Mason University School of Law in 1989. He resides in Fairfax, Virginia with his wife Diane and an odd assortment of cats.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Daily Itinerary is subject to change. In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program. Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered
Avalon Waterways has mastered the art of blending luxury with comfort, and now - blurring the line between outside and in. Not only are our Panorama Suites on our Suite Ships 30% larger than the industry standard staterooms, our wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows open wider than any other, creating river cruising’s only Open-Air Balcony and an open invitation to discover and dream. And speaking of dreaming in our Panorama Suites we've turned our beds to face the window, giving you a bed with a view for the sweetest visions ever. Even if you're a seasoned traveler, you've never seen Europe like this.
Imagine a TV screen measuring 11 ft. wide and 7 ft. tall. That's what we deliver...only better! Every Avalon Waterways' stateroom on two full decks of our Suite Ships features wall-to-wall windows, giving you panoramic, floor-to-ceiling views of Europe's awe-inspiring landscapes.
These wall-to-wall windows - in every Panorama Suite - open 7-feet wide and invite the outside to come in. And unlike traditional balconies, you can enjoy them year-round - at any time of the day, in any weather condition.
Peering through the looking glass to determine how we can continue to improve our cruisers on-board experiences, we have invested in the finest bathroom appointments available and such luxury touch-points such as L'Occitane toiletries, quality robes and slippers in each room, fleet-wide. We've also designed contemporary staterooms with the most available storage space, and plenty of "comfort touches" like complimentary bottled water
Package Pricing: Based on Double Occupancy
- Cat B Cabin: $6,757.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
- Cat A Cabin: $6,807.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
- Cat P Cabin: $6,907.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
Single pricing is available upon request. Triple accommodations are not available.
AVALON STATEROOM DISCOUNT
* Early Booking Discount: Deposit by March 31, 2023 and receive $800.00 discount per person
CREDIT UNION EDUCRUISE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE:
- $1,700 registration fee for the seminar attendee – If paid by check
- $1,800 registration fee for the seminar – If paid by Credit Card
Date of deposit to April 3, 2023 - Initial deposit of $400.00 per person
April 4, 2023 – May 11, 2023 50% package price cancellation fee
May 12, 2023 – June 9, 2023 75% package price cancellation fee
June 10, 2023 to 0 days prior to travel No refunds
WHAT YOUR RATE INCLUDES:
- Deluxe 7-night Avalon Rhone River Cruise in a river view stateroom on the beautiful ‘Avalon Poetry II’
- Two-nights hotel accommodations in Nice, at the Le Meridien Nice (or similar) including breakfast at the hotel
- Complimentary pre-paid gratuities to your shipboard staff, local guides, and coach drivers
- All meals onboard the ship with Chef-inspired regional recipes to include:
- Daily four-course à la carte dinner in the main dining room
- Daily breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items
- Daily lunch with pasta or carving stations
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your ship
- Excursions, fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Luxuriously appointed river view staterooms with hotel beds, hair dryer, safe and flat-screen TV with satellite for complimentary movie and entertainment options
- Remarkable service from your English-speaking crew and on-board tour director
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
Not Included: Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, gratuities for airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection and transfers are not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
Single Supplement: Call for pricing
Initial Deposit: $400.00 per person (non-refundable)
Final Payment: No later than April 3, 2023
Requirements: A valid US passport is necessary with a minimum validity of 6 months from date of return
- Arrival in Lyon – must arrive no later than 2:00 PM.
- Guests must be onboard the ship no later than 5:00 PM.
- Transfers to the ship from the Lyon Airport if arriving day of program is $200.00 per person and departing the Nice airport on day of departure are an additional cost - $45.00 per person (subject to change)
- Avalon Discounts may apply. Check at time of reservation: Avalon Early Booking Discount available is $800.00 per person and subject to change. Current discount good if booked by December 15, 2022
- Single Supplement Waiver cabins are NOT eligible for additional Avalon Early Booking Discounts if available.