DANUBE CHRISTMAS MARKETS RIVER EDUCRUISE 2022
CREDIT UNION SUCCESS STRATEGIES FORUM
November 28th - December 6th, 2022
Avalon Waterways River Cruises – ‘AVALON VIEW’ – New Ship!
EXPLORE CRITICAL ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR SUCCESS
Board this EduCruise to attend the most interesting educational event you have ever experienced! Board this EduCruise to benchmark your critical thinking, examine new success strategies and prepare for those seen and unseen changes that threaten your very existence. This EduCruise will take your credit union to a new level and will offer a wake-up call to many.
This Holiday Season river cruise and conference begins in Austria’s magical capital of Vienna, home to the sounds of Mozart, Strauss, and the Vienna Boys’ Choir. See the famous sights with a Local Guide, or opt to go on a culinary tour through the Christmas markets to get a taste of all the best flavors Austria offers during this time of year. Cruise through the wintery landscape of the picturesque views of the Wachau Valley to Melk. Here, you’ll tour the magnificent 11th century Benedictine Abbey—one of Europe’s largest monasteries—where monks still stroll amidst the sacred walls. Arrive in Passau, Germany, and visit the city’s charming Christmas market set against the breathtaking backdrop of St. Stephen’s Cathedral, a masterpiece of baroque architecture. In Regensburg, after a guided tour of the city, savor traditional sausages at Historiche Wurstküche (Old Sausage Kitchen), one of Germany’s oldest restaurants and enjoy a tasting of German beers.
Learn about Christmas traditions as you cruise to Nuremberg, the thousand-year-old city with its medieval fortifications and gothic churches. The Old Town is illuminated with festive lights and decorations, and the Christmas market has dozens of stalls offering traditional wares, such as Lebkuchen (spicy gingerbread) and unique decorations and ornaments. Then, make your way to Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic—one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
In Prague’s Old Town, see the magical Astronomical Clock, built in 1410, and once the envy of all Europe. The Christmas markets offer an array of Christmas tree ornaments, wooden toys, and Czech handicrafts. Explore to your heart’s content with a warm cup of svařené vino (hot mulled wine) among the rows of brightly decorated wooden huts and be sure to see the beautifully decorated tree in Old Town to end this perfect, seasonal Credit Union educational river cruise.
CREDIT UNION TOPICS WE WILL NAVIGATE
This CU EduCruise is packed with useful information, focused around these key strategic areas of concentration:
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- From Bylaws to Travel Policies: Creating Governance Documents that Work
- High Level Questions Boards Can Use to Increase Effectiveness
- Conduct Risk and Ethics for Credit Union Volunteers
- Learning from Other’s Mistakes: When Bad Things Happen to Good Credit Unions
- Open Forum: Let’s Discuss Those Key Issues That Keep You Up at Night
- And Much More …
BENEFITS FOR YOU & YOUR CREDIT UNION:
- Free consultation with our on-board industry leaders
- Discover new volunteer recruitment strategies
- Hear about new success strategy concepts
- Learn about more changes that are blowing your way
- Share with other CU volunteers and management staff from around the country
- Create a game-plan for credit union success
- Discuss new methods for dealing with changing membership needs
- Find solutions to problems your CU faces
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Some Pre-Cruise Work may be assigned. Plenty of Networking opportunities throughout this educational journey. Because river conditions change, the meeting schedule and location will be communicated each evening by the onboard EduCruise Host.
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee.
His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. David offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Nationally recognized speaker, writer and communications professional, Diane Reed, currently serves as President of CUDoctor, a full-service credit union consultancy, assisting credit unions nationwide with human resource, marketing, community relations, compliance, sales, training, board relations and governance, and executive support. Prior to joining CUDoctor, Diane served for more than a decade as Vice President of Administration for a mid-sized credit union. Diane’s expertise in “Service-Oriented Culture Change” has been cited in such publications as “Credit Union Times”, “Credit Union Management” and a host of other industry magazines. She has co-authored cross-discipline (Human Resources and Security) articles such as “Bad Guys Don’t Always Wear Black” published in “Credit Union Magazine.” In 2016, she teamed up with CUNA to create and deliver the industry’s first Credit Union HR Compliance Certification School, a program which has proven not only popular but a new “necessary” for all credit union HR professionals.
ABOUT THE SHIP
The brand new ‘Avalon View’ offers the ultimate in custom-designed luxury. This 150-passenger vessel features a combination of amenities and design details never before seen on the great waterways of Europe. Featuring an impressive range of stateroom categories, dining options and public lounges, ‘Avalon View’ will transport you on the river cruise of a lifetime during the most magical time of the year!
Here is just a small sample of what to expect aboard the beautiful ‘Avalon View’:
- Panoramic windows throughout the ship
- Elegant, contemporary design throughout, decorated for Christmas
- Welcome aboard champagne
- Included shore excursions with Local Guide
- Largest balconies on the river for most staterooms
- Complimentary bicycles and bike tours
- Free internet
- Optional daily tours
- Headsets for shore excursions
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Beauty Salon
- Local entertainment most evenings
- Heated whirlpool
- 24 Hour Premium coffees, cappuccinos and lattes
- Complimentary beer and wine with meals
- A lounge serving premium spirits
- Maintain your routine in the fitness center
- Chef-inspired regional recipes
- Remarkable service through the cruise
- English-speaking crew
CONFERENCE AGENDA TO BE DISTRIBUTED PRE-CRUISE
(NOTE) - Daily Itinerary is subject to change. In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary. Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent to weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.
Welcome to Austria. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Vienna must arrive by 3:30 pm.
Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Indulge in traditional holiday fare and hot libations to warm your heart and soul before boarding.
Join a Guided Tour of Vienna ending at magical Christmas Advent Markets! Along the way, discover the history of Austrian foods and traditions as you sample local specialties.
You may join a Guided Optional Tour of Schönbrunn Palace—summer home of the Habsburg dynasty for 300 years.
Spend free time on your own to enjoy the Christkindlesmarkt, or relax by the fire’s glow in a Viennese café this evening. Alternatively, this evening you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MELK
Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings. Later, enjoy an Austrian Cookie Tasting onboard while sailing to Grein.
Take a guided Walk of Grein, including its historic theater, the oldest in Austria still holding regular performances. This evening enjoy live entertainment onboard.
OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO PASSAU
Saint Stephens, Salzburg, and the Story of Silent Night
Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers.”
You may like to join a Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg, Austria. See the setting of The Sound of Music, and learn the story behind the beloved Christmas hymn, Silent Night.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REGENSBURG
Christmas Magic in Bavaria
Join a Guided City Walk and see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria—entrance to the Castra Regina fortress built in 179 AD.
Take time to browse Regensburg’s sparkling Christmas markets. Enjoy hot-mulled wine, candied almonds, gingerbread, or bratwurst. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO NUREMBERG
Choose a Guided Tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, Gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR: Join a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich.
Spend free time on your own to browse the spruce stalls of the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg. Sample favorite Bavarian fare—from dozens of bratwurst varieties, gingerbread, mulled blueberry wine, and countless other culinary delights of the Christkindlmarkt.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN NUREMBERG
Bid your crew farewell and head for the Golden City of Prague. Transfer by coach to your Prague Hotel.
Later today, stroll through the exquisite streets of the city and spend a free evening in one of Prague’s cafés for dinner and Czech Beer.
HOTEL: Prague Alcron Hotel (or similar)
Gothic Cathedrals, Grand Castles, and Czech Christmas Spirits
Take a guided city walk to visit Hradčany Castle grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral, and Old Town’s astronomical clock.
Spend the afternoon on your own to browse the exquisite Christmas Markets of Prague. Stroll through the brightly colored wooden stalls for ornaments and handmade toys and handicrafts.
HOTEL: Prague Alcron Hotel (or similar)
Your Credit Union EduCruise ends with breakfast this morning before returning home.
Avalon Waterways has mastered the art of blending luxury with comfort, and now - blurring the line between outside and in. Not only are our Panorama SuitesSM on our Suite Ships® 30% larger than the industry standard staterooms, our wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows open wider than any other, creating river cruising’s only Open-Air BalconySM and an open invitation to discover and dream. And speaking of dreaming in our Panorama SuitesSM we've turned our beds to face the window, giving you a bed with a view for the sweetest visions ever. Even if you're a seasoned traveler, you've never seen Europe like this.
Imagine a TV screen measuring 11 ft. wide and 7 ft. tall. That's what we deliver...only better! Every Avalon Waterways' stateroom on two full decks of our Suite Ships features wall-to-wall windows, giving you panoramic, floor-to-ceiling views of Europe's awe-inspiring landscapes.
These wall-to-wall windows - in every Panorama Suite - open 7-feet wide and invite the outside to come in. And unlike traditional balconies, you can enjoy them year-round - at any time of the day, in any weather condition.
Peering through the looking glass to determine how we can continue to improve our cruisers on-board experiences, we have invested in the finest bathroom appointments available and such luxury touch-points such as L'Occitane toiletries, quality robes and slippers in each room, fleet-wide. We've also designed contemporary staterooms with the most available storage space, and plenty of "comfort touches" like complimentary bottled water and fully stocked mini-bars.
Package Pricing: Based on Double Occupancy
- Category D Cabin: $3,713.00 per person (Small Windows)
- Category B Cabin: $4,613.00 per person (French Balcony)
- Category A Cabin: $4,656.00 per person (French Balcony)
- Category P Cabin: $4,742.00 per person (French Balcony)
Package Pricing: Based on Single Occupancy
- Category D Cabin: $5,641.00 per person (Small Windows)
- Category B Cabin: $7,036.00 per person (French Balcony)
- Category A Cabin: $7,103.00 per person (French Balcony)
- Category P Cabin: $7,236.00 per person (French Balcony)
(SINGLE SUPPLEMENT WAIVERS MAY BE AVAILABLE) (Triple Occupancy is Not Available)
* Avalon Early Booking Cabin Discount is $800.00 per person and subject to change. Current discount good if booked by November 1, 2021.
Initial Deposit Initial Deposit: $400.00 per person
Final Payment: No later than August 15, 2022
Requirements: A valid US passport is necessary with a minimum validity of 6 months from date of return
From date of deposit to August 15, 2022 | Initial deposit of $400.00 per person
August 16 – September 28, 2022 | 50% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
September 29, 2022 – October 28, 2022 | 75% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
October 29, 2022 to 0 days prior to travel No refunds
CU EduCruise Registration Fee and Optional Information:
- $1,800.00 registration fee for the conference attendee if paid by credit card
- $1,700.00 registration fee for the conference attendee if paid by check
- $200.00 Early Booking Conference Fee discount if reserved by November 1, 2021
- $100.00 Early Booking Conference Fee discount if reserved by February 1, 2022
- OPTIONAL - Arrival Airport/Ship transfer in Vienna on arrival day - $45.00 per person/ Prague Hotel transfer to airport - $55.00 per person on departure day. Arrival flights in Vienna for transfers need to arrive by 3:30 pm day of cruise.
- Flights into Vienna and return from Prague
- Avalon Discounts may apply. Check at time of reservation: Avalon Early Booking Discount available is $800.00 per person and subject to change. Current discount good if booked by November 1, 2021.
- Single Supplement Waiver cabins are NOT eligible for additional Avalon Early Booking Discounts.
WHAT YOUR RATE INCLUDES:
- Deluxe six-night Avalon river cruise in a river view stateroom on the brand new ‘Avalon View’ from Vienna to Nuremberg, Germany
- Two-night hotel stay in Prague, Czech Republic at the Alcron Hotel (or similar), with breakfast daily
- Sightseeing Highlights to include:
Vienna: Christmas Market culinary tour
Wachau Valley: Cruise the valley
Melk: Visit the Benedictine Abbey
Passau: City tour and Christmas market
Regensburg: City tour and Christmas market
Nuremberg: Excursion to Luxembourg City or wine walk or biking tour
Prague: City tour, Visit to Hradcany Castle Grounds, Old Town and Christmas Markets
- Complimentary pre-paid gratuities to your shipboard staff, local guides, and coach drivers
- All meals onboard the ship with Chef-inspired regional recipes
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily onboard your ship
- Luxuriously appointed river view staterooms with hotel beds, hair dryer, safe and flat-screen TV with satellite for complimentary movie and entertainment options
- Remarkable service from your English-speaking crew and on-board tour director
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
Not Included: Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, gratuities for airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
To attend conference and to take advantage of our low group cabin rates, all cabin reservations must be booked through “Fox World Travel”, our designated travel affiliate.
Contact our FOX World Travel Team at:
Toll Free: 1-888-367-2571