DANUBE RIVER CHRISTMAS MARKETS EDUCRUISE 2020
CREDIT UNION SUCCESS STRATEGIES FORUM
December 3 - December 11th, 2020
Avalon Waterways River Cruises – AVALON PASSION
VIENNA, AUSTRIA / MELK / PASSAU / REGENSBURG / NUREMBERG / PRAGUE
EXPLORE CRITICAL ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR SUCCESS
Board this EduCruise to attend the most interesting educational event you have ever experienced! Board this EduCruise to benchmark your critical thinking, examine new success strategies and prepare for those seen and unseen changes that threaten your very existence. This EduCruise will take your credit union to a new level and will offer a wake-up call to many.
Join us on this magical Christmas-time river cruise! Your cruise begins in Austria’s magical capital of Vienna, home to the sounds of Mozart and Strauss, the Vienna Boys’ Choir, and the Spanish Riding School. See the famous sights with a Local Guide, or opt to go on a culinary tour through the Christmas Markets to get a taste of all the best flavors Austria offers during this time of year. Cruise through the wintery landscape of the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk. Here, you’ll tour the magnificent 11th century Benedictine Abbey—one of Europe’s largest monasteries—where monks still stroll amidst the sacred walls.
Arrive in Passau, Germany, and visit the city’s charming Christmas Market set against the breathtaking backdrop of St. Stephen’s Cathedral, a masterpiece of baroque architecture. In Regensburg, after a guided tour of the city, savor traditional sausages at Historiche Wurstküche (Old Sausage Kitchen), one of Germany’s oldest restaurants and enjoy a tasting of German beers. Learn about Christmas traditions as you cruise to Nuremberg, the thousand-year-old city with its medieval fortifications and gothic churches. The Old Town is illuminated with festive lights and decorations, and the Christmas Market has dozens of stalls offering traditional wares, such as Lebkuchen (spicy gingerbread) and unique decorations and ornaments. Then, make your way to Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic—one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
In Prague’s Old Town, see the magical Astronomical Clock, built in 1410, and once the envy of all Europe. The Christmas Markets offer an array of Christmas tree ornaments, wooden toys, and Czech handicrafts. Explore to your heart’s content with a warm cup of svarene vino (hot mulled wine) among the rows of brightly decorated wooden huts and be sure to see the beautifully decorated tree in Old Town to end this perfect, seasonal river cruise and conference.
CREDIT UNION TOPICS WE WILL NAVIGATE
This CU EduCruise is packed with useful information, focused around these key strategic areas of concentration:
- What’s Ahead for Credit Unions —challenges and opportunities
- Story Telling - the sharing of credit union success stories, and best practices
- The Leadership Challenge - finding & keeping the next generation of Volunteers and Staff
- What Credit Union Members and Potential Members Really Want—consumer trends and changing preferences
- Why Some Credit Unions Succeed, While Others Fail
- Open Discussion of Key Topics
BENEFITS FOR YOU & YOUR CREDIT UNION:
- Free consultation with our on-board industry leaders
- Discover new volunteer recruitment strategies
- Hear about new critical thinking concepts
- Learn about the new changes that are blowing your way
- Share with other CU volunteers and management staff from around the country
- Create a game-plan for credit union success
- Discuss new methods for dealing with changing membership needs
- Find solutions to problems your CU faces
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Some Pre-Cruise Work may be assigned. Plenty of Networking opportunities throughout this educational journey.
Tony Robinson is President & Founder of Credit Union EduCruises, a credit union conference/cruise and training organization.
Tony has presented credit union educational sessions in numerous states across America, and also in 19 countries around the world. His sessions include such topics as Credit Union Leadership, Board/CEO Communication, Creating World Class Member Service, Understanding Why Some Credit Unions Fail, Credit Union Board/Management Succession Planning, and much more. Tony is known for his fast-paced, creative and fun presentation style!
Before founding Credit Union EduCruises, Tony had leadership positions with the CUNA Mutual Group, Tennessee Credit Union League, EPL Software & Data Processing, and two large credit unions. He was also the Founder of Masterful Events, Inc., a credit union training and consulting company.
Tony has a BS Degree in Business from the University of South Alabama. He is also a graduate of the Southeast CUNA Management School and the CUNA Graduate Management School.
Tony Robinson, CEO
Credit Union EduCruises
ABOUT THE SHIP
The ‘Avalon Passion’ is a true haven on the river – two full decks of Panorama SuitesSM with Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows that transform the living space into a unique Open-Air BalconySM. With 200 square feet, Panorama Suites are more than 30% larger than the industry standard, giving you the rare opportunity to wake each morning to enchanting scenery and fresh breezes. The Avalon Passion offers the ultimate in custom-designed luxury. This 150-passenger vessel features a combination of amenities and design details never before seen on the great waterways of Europe. Featuring an impressive range of stateroom categories, dining options and public lounges, Avalon Passion will transport you on the river cruise of a lifetime during the most magical time of the year!
Here is just a small sample of what to expect aboard the Avalon Passion:
- Panoramic windows throughout the ship
- Elegant, contemporary design throughout, decorated for Christmas
- Welcome aboard champagne
- Included shore excursions with Local Guide
- Largest balconies on the river for most staterooms
- Complimentary bicycles and bike tours
- Free internet
- Optional daily tours
- Headsets for shore excursions
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Beauty Salon
- Local entertainment most evenings
- Space to relax & unwind
- Heated whirlpool
- 24 Hour Premium coffees, cappuccinos and lattes
- Complimentary beer and wine with meals
- A lounge serving premium spirits
- Maintain your routine in the fitness center
- Daily early- and late-riser breakfast
- Full buffet breakfast with sparkling wine
- Complimentary juices with breakfast
- Made-to-order egg station at breakfast
- Complimentary soft drinks with lunch
- Chef-inspired regional recipes
- Four-course dinners with open seating
- Remarkable service through the cruise
- English-speaking crew
- Non-smoking interior
- And, much more
CONFERENCE AGENDA TO BE DISTRIBUTED PRE-CRUISE
(NOTE) - Daily Itinerary is subject to change. In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motor coach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary. Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent to weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.
Welcome to Vienna, known as the “City of Music” and a place that inspired the creative genius of Mozart, Beethoven, and Strauss. Upon arrival in Vienna you will be met and transferred to your river cruise vessel.
Take a Guided Tour of Vienna to see the Imperial Palace complex—the winter residence of the Imperial family, OR: Join a Guided Culinary Tour of Vienna’s magical Christmas Advent Markets to sample Sachertorte and Apfelstrudel/ This afternoon you may join a Guided Optional Tour of Schönbrunn Palace—summer home of the Habsburg dynasty for 300 years. Spend free time on your own to enjoy the Christkindlesmarkt, or relax by the fire’s glow in a Viennese café this evening. OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MELK
Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings. This afternoon cruise to Grein, where this evening you will enjoy live entertainment on board.
OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO PASSAU
Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers.” You may like to join a Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg, Austria. See the setting of The Sound of Music, and learn the story behind the beloved Christmas hymn, Silent Night.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REGENSBURG
Join a Guided City Walk and see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria—entrance to the Castra Regina fortress built in 179 AD. Take time to browse Regensburg’s sparkling Christmas markets. Enjoy hot-mulled wine, candied almonds, gingerbread, or bratwurst.
Enjoy a Christmas Traditions Lecture on board while sailing this morning. Later, indulge in an onboard Beer Tasting to sample regional German brews.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO NUREMBERG
Enjoy a Christmas Traditions Lecture on board while sailing this morning.
Choose a Guided Tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, Gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle OR: Join a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich.
Spend free time on your own to browse the spruce stalls of the Christmas Markets of Nuremberg. Sample favorite Bavarian fare—from dozens of bratwurst varieties, gingerbread, mulled blueberry wine, and countless other culinary delights of the Christkindlesmarkt.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN NUREMBERG
Bid your crew farewell and head for the Golden City of Prague where you can stroll through the exquisite streets of the city and spend a free evening in one of Prague’s cafés for dinner and Czech Beer.
Hotel: Hilton Prague (or similar)
Take a Guided City Walk to visit the grounds of Hradčany Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, and Old Town’s Astronomical Clock.
Spend the afternoon on your own to browse the exquisite Christmas Markets of Prague. Stroll through the brightly colored wooden stalls for ornaments and handmade toys and handicrafts.
Hotel: Hilton Prague (or similar)
After breakfast you’ll depart the hotel and transfer to the Prague airport for your flight home.
Daily Itinerary is subject to change. In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program. Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered.
Avalon Waterways has mastered the art of blending luxury with comfort, and now – blurring the line between outside and in. Not only are our Panorama SuitesSM on our Suite Ships® 30% larger than the industry standard staterooms, our wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows open wider than any other, creating river cruising’s only Open-Air BalconySM and an open invitation to discover and dream. And speaking of dreaming in our Panorama SuitesSM we’ve turned our beds to face the window, giving you a bed with a view for the sweetest visions ever. Even if you’re a seasoned traveler, you’ve never seen Europe like this.
Imagine a TV screen measuring 11 ft. wide and 7 ft. tall. That’s what we deliver…only better! Every Avalon Waterways’ stateroom on two full decks of our Suite Ships features wall-to-wall windows, giving you panoramic, floor-to-ceiling views of Europe’s awe-inspiring landscapes.
These wall-to-wall windows – in every Panorama Suite – open 7-feet wide and invite the outside to come in. And unlike traditional balconies, you can enjoy them year-round – at any time of the day, in any weather condition.
Peering through the looking glass to determine how we can continue to improve our cruisers on-board experiences, we have invested in the finest bathroom appointments available and such luxury touch-points such as L’Occitane toiletries, quality robes and slippers in each room, fleet-wide. We’ve also designed contemporary staterooms with the most available storage space, and plenty of “comfort touches” like complimentary bottled water and fully stocked mini-bars.
*$1,800.00 Conference Registration Fee for the seminar attendee (not the guest)
*Book by December 31, 2019 and receive a $300 conference registration fee discount!
* Transfers to the ship from the Vienna Airport if arriving day of program, and departing to the Prague Airport on day of departure are an additional cost – $40.00 each way, per person (estimated for 2020)
WHAT YOUR RATE INCLUDES:
- Deluxe six-night Avalon river cruise in a river view on the stunning Avalon Passion
- Two nights hotel accommodation in Prague at the Hilton Prague (or similar) including breakfast daily
- Complimentary pre-paid gratuities to your shipboard staff, local guides and coach drivers
- All meals onboard the ship with Chef-inspired regional recipes to include:
- Daily four-course à la carte dinner in the main dining room
- Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu item.
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations
- Captain’s Welcome & Farewell Receptions with sparkling wine and canapés
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your ship
- Daily shore excursions, hosted by English-speaking local experts, with a choice of Leisurely, Classic or Discovery sightseeing pace options
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Luxuriously appointed river view staterooms with hotel beds, hair dryer, safe and flat-screen TV with satellite for complimentary movie and entertainment options
- Remarkable service from your English-speaking crew and on-board tour director
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
* Not Included: Travel Insurance; transfers, medical services; airline imposed baggage fees; airport gratuities to baggage handlers, or any other items of a personal nature. A valid passport is required. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your FOX World Travel consultant about our reasonable options.
To attend this conference and/or to take advantage of these low group rates, all cabin reservations must be booked through “FOX World Travel”, our designated travel affiliate.
Contact our FOX World Travel Team at:
Toll Free: 1-888-367-2571