Iceland & Ireland Voyage of Discovery 2022
CREDIT UNION VOLUNTEERS SYMPOSIUM 2022
June 26 – July 8th, 2022
Amsterdam – round trip
Celebrity Cruise Line – ‘Celebrity Apex’ … (new ship)
EXPLORE LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES & SKILLS THAT WILL IMPACT THE SUCCESS OF YOUR CREDIT UNION
The speed of change in the financial industry is both exciting and challenging. Credit Unions can’t continue to do “business as usual”, but must become flexible and quick. To be able to do this, credit unions must have an understanding of critical changes impacting strategic growth, leadership success and innovation. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes are coming, how to prepare for fast paced change, and how to use change to better serve the members.
Join us aboard the beautiful new luxury ship ‘Celebrity Apex’ as we meet together while sailing to the magical countries of Iceland, Ireland and the Netherlands. Your CU EduCruise begins and concludes in beautiful Amsterdam Netherland, traveling on to Iceland, with 2 overnight stops in both Akureyri and Reykjavik. Once leaving Iceland, the cruise will include visits to the magical Irish cities of Belfast, Dublin and Cork. This fascinating CU EduCruise adventure is a wonderful blend of outdoor grandeur, exciting cities, quaint towns and educational opportunities galore.
Credit Union Topics We Will Navigate
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- From Bylaws to Travel Policies: Creating Governance Documents that Work
- You Want to Do What? Understanding Technology and Service Trends
- High Level Questions Boards Can Use to Increase Effectiveness
- Conduct Risk and Ethics for Credit Union Volunteers
- Learning from Other’s Mistakes: When Bad Things Happen to Good Credit Unions
- Open Forum: Let’s Discuss Those Key Issues That Keep You Up at Night
- And Much More …
Landing Big Benefits For Your Credit Union
- Receive Free Consultation with our on-board industry leaders
- Participate in multiple networking opportunities
- Discuss leadership concepts and techniques that can make a difference
- Discover how an effective Board/Management Team equals future success
- Learn from others about their Credit Union's future growth strategies
- Discover how your credit union can thrive in times of fast paced change
- Create a game-plan for future regulatory and economic change
- Compared to most other credit union educational cruises, you'll return home with more ideas
- Find solutions to problems your CU is facing today, and will soon be encountering
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. There are plenty of networking opportunities throughout this educational journey.
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee.
His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. He offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Nationally recognized speaker, writer and communications professional, Diane Reed, currently serves as President of CUDoctor, a full-service credit union consultancy, assisting credit unions nationwide with human resource, marketing, community relations, compliance, sales, training, board relations and governance, and executive support. Prior to joining CUDoctor, Diane served for more than a decade as Vice President of Administration for a mid-sized credit union. Diane’s expertise in “Service-Oriented Culture Change” has been cited in such publications as “Credit Union Times”, “Credit Union Management” and a host of other industry magazines. She has co-authored cross-discipline (Human Resources and Security) articles such as “Bad Guys Don’t Always Wear Black” published in “Credit Union Magazine.” In 2016, she teamed up with CUNA to create and deliver the industry’s first Credit Union HR Compliance Certification School, a program which has proven not only popular but a new “necessary” for all credit union HR professionals.
ABOUT THE SHIP
‘Celebrity Apex’ is the second ship in our highly anticipated Edge® series. With an innovative outward-facing design and visionary spaces that stand apart from anything else at sea, ‘Celebrity Apex’ will revolutionize the way you experience the world. Discover the unparalleled luxury of The Retreat®, exclusively for guests of The Retreat®. Unwind in transformational accommodations that blur the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living. Soar above the sea on the Magic Carpet℠. Surrender to the carefree pleasures of the Rooftop Garden. And embark on a culinary journey through an unrivaled collection of restaurants, bars, and lounges.
Innovative, outward-facing design gives you open air access to the sea with the push of a button—whenever you wish. Precisely adjust nearly every comfort feature in your stateroom or suite with the latest technology. Reinvented spaces offer larger living areas, bigger bathrooms, and king-size beds in 99% of the rooms—an industry first for all premium cruise lines—plus Celebrity’s eXhale™ bedding, featuring the Cashmere Mattress.
‘Celebrity ApexS’, the second in our Edge® Series ships, offers the widest range of staterooms in our fleet. From Single Staterooms—designed for modern travelers who love to explore the world on their own—to the largest of our suites at sea, the Iconic Suite, there’s something for everyone.
World renowned interior designer Kelly Hoppen took the lead on design for the staterooms and suites aboard ‘Celebrity Apex’. Her work evokes the intimacy of an inviting, indulgent urban apartment that opens to the most beautiful scenery on earth. With Kelly’s unique style, every stateroom on Apex is a work of art where you’ll feel right at home every moment of your cruise conference!
Package Pricing: Double Occupancy
- Oceanview Stateroom – Category 07 : $3,544.51 per person, double occupancy
- Verandah Stateroom – Category E1 : $4,377.51 per person, double occupancy
- Concierge Class Stateroom – Category C1 : $4,965.51 per person, double occupancy
Single Rates :
- Oceanview Stateroom – Category 07: $6,723.51 per person, single occupancy
- Verandah Stateroom – Category E1 : $8,389.51 per person, single occupancy
- Concierge Class Stateroom – Category C1 : $9,565.51 per person, single occupancy
Package Price Includes:
- Twelve-night cruise aboard Celebrity’s Apex
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and room service on board ship (some specialty restaurants may be an additional cost)
- Choice of Oceanview and Balcony cabin categories
- Classic drink package (restrictions apply)
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Gratuities to shipboard staff
- Current taxes and fees
- Entertainment as provided onboard the Apex
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
Conference Registration Fee and Optional Fees:
- $1,700.00 registration fee for the conference attendee (not each person) – If paid by check
- $1,800 registration fee for the conference attendee – If paid by Credit Card
- $100.00 Early Booking Registration Fee discount if reserved by December 1, 2021
- Amsterdam/Ship Transfers: if arriving and departing day of cruise are an additional cost - $59.90 round trip/ $29.95 one way (subject to change). Must arrive prior to 1:30pm prior to cruise departure. Flight return must be 10:30am or after at the end of the cruise.
Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
Initial Deposit: $450.00 per person
Final Payment: No later than March 18, 2022
Requirements: Valid Passport
Celebrity Cancellation Fees:
From date of deposit to March 18, 2022 Initial deposit of $450.00 per person
March 19 – April 12, 2022 25% package price cancellation fee
April 13 – April 26, 2022 50% package price cancellation fee
April 27 – May 26, 2022 75% package price cancellation fee
May 27, 2022 to 0 days prior to travel No refunds
Additional fees may apply if airline tickets are purchased.
Contact our FOX World Travel Team at:
Toll Free: 1-888-367-2571