Magnificent Moselle & Rhine River EduCruise 2022
CREDIT UNION LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT FORUM
September 18 – 27th, 2022
Avalon Waterways River Cruises – 'Imagery II'
Amsterdam to Luxembourg
EXPLORING LEADERSHIP CHALLENGES THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR CREDIT UNION'S SUCCESS
Planning for the future can be a frightening and risky process. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes are coming, and how to strategically plan for future success. This educational cruise/conference will FOCUS on challenges and opportunities that will impact CEO’s and Volunteers.
Start this magnificent river cruise conference in Holland’s popular, modern capital of Amsterdam. See the treasures of this 700-year-old city from a unique perspective—on a canal cruise along the elegant grachten. Then, begin your scenic cruise along the Rhine River and come to Cologne, Germany—a 2,000-year-old city known for its Gothic architecture. You’ll sail through the dramatic views of the Rhine Gorge—the most beautiful stretch of the Rhine River where ancient castles stand on cliffs 400 feet above the water. In the charming wine town of Rüdesheim, enjoy a stroll through its famous cobblestone Drosselgasse lined with shops, restaurants, and lively taverns. Along the Moselle River, you’ll stop at the picturesque town of Cochem where the Riesling grape is cultivated. Visit Reichsburg Castle, nestled among vineyards and offering breathtaking views of the town and river valley below. In Bernkastel, enjoy a guided walk and taste some of the region’s best-loved wines. Go on an excursion to historical Luxembourg City, offering unique and dramatic views as it is set on two levels—high above on straddling hills and dropping into two river valleys.
Ride the high-speed train to Paris for two nights included hotel stay, the last stop on this fabulous European river cruise conference. Guided sight-seeing shows you the famous sights of the romantic "City of Light"—Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre Museum with its elegant glass pyramid contrasting its ancient architecture.
Credit Union Topics We Will Navigate
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- From Bylaws to Travel Policies: Creating Governance Documents that Work
- High Level Questions Boards Can Use to Increase Effectiveness
- Conduct Risk and Ethics for Credit Union Volunteers
- Learning from Other’s Mistakes: When Bad Things Happen to Good Credit Unions
- Open Forum: Let’s Discuss Those Key Issues That Keep You Up at Night
- And Much More …
Benefits To You & Your Credit Union:
- Receive Free Consultation with our on-board industry leader
- Participate in several networking opportunities
- Review new leadership concepts that can make a difference
- Discover how an effective Board/CEO Team equals future success
- Learn from others about their Credit Union
- Discover how your credit union can thrive in times of change
- Create a strategic game-plan for future survival
- Find solutions to problems your CU is facing today
- Share with other CU volunteers and management staff
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Plenty of networking opportunities throughout this educational journey
SPEAKER FOR THE COURSE
Tony Robinson is President & Founder of Credit Union EduCruises, a credit union conference/cruise and training organization. Tony is a popular discussion leader in the Credit Union industry and is known for his content packed, fast-paced, creative and fun presentation style! He has led numerous educational sessions to credit union audiences across America, and over 15 countries.
Tony has over 40 years of Credit Union industry expertise. Before founding Credit Union EduCruises, Tony held leadership positions with the CUNA Mutual Group, the Tennessee Credit Union League, EPL Software & Data Processing, and two southeast credit unions.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Because river conditions are always subject to change, exact meeting days and times can also change on a daily basis. Meeting Times will be announced each evening by your CU EduCruise Host.
In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program. Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered
DAILY CRUISE ITINERARY
Avalon Waterways has mastered the art of blending luxury with comfort, and now - blurring the line between outside and in. Not only are our Panorama SuitesSM on our Suite Ships® 30% larger than the industry standard staterooms, our wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows open wider than any other, creating river cruising’s only Open-Air BalconySM and an open invitation to discover and dream. And speaking of dreaming in our Panorama SuitesSM we've turned our beds to face the window, giving you a bed with a view for the sweetest visions ever. Even if you're a seasoned traveler, you've never seen Europe like this.
Imagine a TV screen measuring 11 ft. wide and 7 ft. tall. That's what we deliver...only better! Every Avalon Waterways' stateroom on two full decks of our Suite Ships features wall-to-wall windows, giving you panoramic, floor-to-ceiling views of Europe's awe-inspiring landscapes.
These wall-to-wall windows - in every Panorama Suite - open 7-feet wide and invite the outside to come in. And unlike traditional balconies, you can enjoy them year-round - at any time of the day, in any weather condition.
Peering through the looking glass to determine how we can continue to improve our cruisers on-board experiences, we have invested in the finest bathroom appointments available and such luxury touch-points such as L'Occitane toiletries, quality robes and slippers in each room, fleet-wide. We've also designed contemporary staterooms with the most available storage space, and plenty of "comfort touches" like complimentary bottled water and fully stocked mini-bars.
FOX World Travel is our designated travel associate for all EduCruises. To attend any of our CU EduCruises, you MUST book your cabin through Fox World Travel! They can be reached at:
EduCruises@foxworldtravel.com or 1-888-367-2571
Package Pricing: Based on Double Occupancy
- Category E Cabin: $4,940.00 per person, double occupancy (Small Windows)
- Category D Cabin: $5,139.00 per person, double occupancy (Small Windows)
- Category B Cabin: $6,189.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
- Category A Cabin: $6,239.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
- Category P Cabin: $6,339.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
Package Pricing: Based on Single Occupancy
- Category E Cabin: $7,424.00 per person, single occupancy (Small Windows)
- Category D Cabin: $7,732.00 per person, single occupancy (Small Windows)
- Category B Cabin: $9,360.00 per person, single occupancy (French Balcony)
- Category A Cabin: $9,437.00 per person, single occupancy (French Balcony)
- Category P Cabin: $9,592.00 per person, single occupancy (French Balcony)
Triple accommodations are not available.
Not Included: Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, gratuities for airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
Single Supplement: Call for pricing
Initial Deposit: $400.00 per person
Final Payment: No later than June 10, 2022
Requirements: A valid US passport is necessary with a minimum validity of 6 months from date of return
From date of deposit to June 10, 2022 Initial deposit of $400.00 per person
June 11 – July 19, 2022 50% package price cancellation fee
July 20, 2022 – August 18, 2022 75% package price cancellation fee
August 19, 2022 to 0 days prior to travel No refunds
CU EduCruises Conference Fee:
- $1,800.00 registration fee for the seminar attendee if paid by credit card
- $1,700.00 registration fee for the seminar attendee if paid by check
- $100.00 Discount on EduCruises’ Conference Fee if cabin booked by January 1, 2022
- Arrival Airport/Ship transfer in Amsterdam & Paris - $55.00
- Arrival flights in Amsterdam for transfers need to arrive between 6am and 3:30 pm day of cruise.
- Flights into Amsterdam and return from Paris
- Avalon Discounts may apply. Check at time of reservation: Current Avalon Early Booking Cabin Discount available is $1,000.00 per person and subject to change. Current discount good if booked by January 3, 2021.
- Single Supplement Waiver cabins are NOT eligible for additional Avalon Early Booking Discounts.
WHAT YOUR RATE INCLUDES:
- Deluxe seven-night Avalon river cruise in a river view stateroom on the Avalon Imagery II from Amsterdam to Remich, Luxembourg
- Two-night hotel stay in Paris, France with breakfast daily
- High Speed train from Luxembourg City to Paris
- Escorted Sightseeing Highlights to include:
Amsterdam: Canal Cruise
Cologne: Cologne highlights walking tour or Jewish Heritage walking tour
Rhine Gore: Scenic cruise through the Rhine Gorge
Rudesheim: Choice of a visit to Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum, or a cable car ride to Niederwald Monument or Bike Tour
Cochem: Sail through the Moselle Valley, Reichsburg Castle visit, or visit to an incredible wine cellar
Bernkastel: Choice of guided walk in Bernkastel, or hike to the Castle Ruins
Remich: Excursion to Luxembourg City, a wine walk, or a biking tour
Paris: City tour, Visit to Ateliers de Lumieres
- Complimentary pre-paid gratuities to your shipboard staff, local guides, and coach drivers
- All meals onboard the ship with Chef-inspired regional recipes
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily onboard your ship
- Luxuriously appointed staterooms with hotel beds, hair dryer, safe and flat-screen TV with satellite for complimentary movie and entertainment options
- Remarkable service from your English-speaking crew and on-board tour director
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
To attend the conference and/or to take advantage of these low group rates, all cabin reservations must be booked through “FOX WORLD TRAVEL”, our designated travel affiliate. Only those travel arrangements that are booked through “FOX WORLD TRAVEL” will be covered by the optional insurance premium.