Seine River Historic EduCruise 2024
CREDIT UNION LEADERS FORUM
Paris to Normandy With 2 Nights in Paris
“Celebrating the 80th Anniversary of D-Day”
June 16 – 25th, 2024
Avalon Waterways River Cruises – ‘Tapestry II’
CALL FOX WORLD TRAVEL FOR CABIN AVAILABILITY.
EXPLORING LEADERSHIP CHALLENGES THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR CREDIT UNION’S SUCCESS
Planning for the future can be a frightening and risky process. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes and challenges are coming, and how to strategically plan for dealing with these challenges.
Begin this educational journey by participating in Opening EduCruise Educational Sessions in Paris while enjoying a two-night hotel stay. After your time in Paris, board your luxury river ship to sail on the beautiful Seine River for seven nights. This fabulous river cruise combines time in France’s unparalleled capital of Paris along with amazing scenery along the Seine River and the picturesque and historical region of Normandy. Embark on your adventure in Paris and sail to Vernon, where you’ll choose between two exciting guided visits—Claude Monet’s stunning gardens at Giverny or the remarkable Bizy Castle, known as “Normandy’s Versailles.” To pay tribute to the 80th Anniversary of D-Day, you may choose to go on an excursion to the historic Normandy Landing Beaches, including Omaha Beach, the Point du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery. In Rouen, best known as the home of Joan of Arc, you’ll go on a guided walk through the medieval quarter and visit the gothic Rouen Cathedral—once the tallest building in the world. From Conflans, go on an excursion to the quaint and inspiring town of Auvers-Sur-Oise—associated with several famous
artists, including Vincent van Gogh—or visit Napoleon and Josephine’s Malmaison.
On this French river EduCruise, you’ll participate in several educational sessions throughout the cruise. Experience award-winning French wine, tasty cuisine, beautiful scenery along the Seine River, and stops in charming and historical parts of France. But your adventure would not be complete without spending extra time in Paris—one of the world’s most romantic and vibrant cities! Discover the true heart of Paris on a guided walk through the sites of Paris’ rich history, or take a tour showing you the iconic sites of the Louvre Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, and much more.
This Credit Union EduCruise is packed with powerful topics and information, focused around these key strategic areas of concentration:
Financial Services Industry Landscape
Understanding Artificial Intelligence
Governance Tune Up - Beyond Bylaws
Reading the Regulatory Tea Leave
Attracting Younger Members
The Fight for Relevance
Expanding Non Interest Income
Because river conditions are constantly changing, meeting days & times are subject to change each day. Your EduCruise Discussion Leader will notify you of changes each evening. Unlike typical land-based meetings that are held in hotel conference rooms, meeting locations on a river cruise are held in a lounge, dining room, or the top deck.
BENEFITS FOR YOU & YOUR CREDIT UNION:
- Receive Free Consultation with our on-board industry leader
- Participate in several networking opportunities
- Review new leadership concepts that can make a difference
- Discover how an effective Board/Management Team equals future success
- Learn from others about their Credit Union's leadership success strategies
- Discover how your credit union can thrive in times of change
- Find solutions to problems your Credit Union is facing today
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Some Pre-Cruise Work may be assigned. Plenty of Networking opportunities throughout this educational journey.
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee. His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. He offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Mr. Reed received his undergraduate degree from Virginia Tech in 1986 and his Juris Doctorate from George Mason University School of Law in 1989. He resides in Fairfax, Virginia with his wife Diane and an odd assortment of cats.
ABOUT THE SHIP
Daily Itinerary is subject to change. In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program. Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered
We've mastered the art of blending luxury with comfort, and now - blurring the line between outside and in. Not only are our Panorama Suites on our Suite Ships 30% larger than the industry standard staterooms, our wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows open wider than any other, creating river cruising’s only Open-Air Balcony and an open invitation to discover and dream. And speaking of dreaming in our Panorama Suites,, we've turned our beds to face the window, giving you a bed with a view for the sweetest visions ever. Even if you're a seasoned traveler, you've never seen Europe like this. Imagine a TV screen measuring 11 ft. wide and 7 ft. tall. That's what we deliver - only better! Every Avalon Waterways' stateroom on two full decks of our Suite Ships features wall-to-wall windows, giving you panoramic, floor-to-ceiling views of Europe's awe-inspiring landscapes.
These wall-to-wall windows - in every Panorama Suite - open 7-feet wide and invite the outside to come in. And unlike traditional balconies, you can enjoy them year-round - at any time of the day, in any weather condition. Peering through the looking glass to determine how we can continue to improve our cruisers on-board experiences, we have invested in the finest bathroom appointments available and such luxury touch-points such as L'Occitane toiletries, quality robes and slippers in each room, fleet-wide. We've also designed contemporary staterooms with the most available storage space, and plenty of "comfort touches" like complimentary bottled water and fully stocked mini-bars.
Package Pricing: Based on Double Occupancy:
- Category B Cabin: $6,576.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
- Category A Cabin: $6,626.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
- Category P Cabin: $6,726.00 per person, double occupancy (French Balcony)
Avalon Waterways Early Booking Discount:
Deposit by August 31, 2024 and receive a $500.00 stateroom discount per person (discounts are subject to change)
*Single pricing is available upon request. Triple accommodations are not available. Less expensive Window-Only Staterooms may be available upon request. Rates are subject to change based on availability
- Initial Deposit: $400.00 per person – non refundable
- Final Payment: No later than March 8, 2024
- Requirements: A valid US passport is necessary with a minimum validity of 6 months from date of return
From date of deposit to March 8, 2024:
Initial deposit of $400.00 per person
March 9 – April 12, 2024:
50% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
April 13 – May 16, 2024:
75% package price cancellation fee + applicable airline fees
May 17, 2024 to 0 days prior to travel
Fox World Cancellation Fee:
$100.00 per reservation will apply in addition to any Fox Group Vacation or vendor cancellation penalties. Air tickets are non-refundable once ticketed.
- Round trip airport transfers on days of tour - $45.00 per person each way / $90.00 round trip (subject to change)
- Single Supplement Waiver cabins (if available) are NOT eligible for additional Avalon Early Booking Discounts.
CU EduCruises Conference Registration Fee:
- $1,700.00 registration fee for each conference attendee – If paid by check
- $1,900.00 registration fee for each conference attendee – If paid by Credit Card
WHAT YOUR RATE INCLUDES:
Cruise Package Inclusions:
- Two-nights hotel accommodations in Paris, at the Hotel Du Collectionneur Arc De Triomphe Paris (or similar) including breakfast
- Deluxe 7-night Avalon River cruise on the beautiful Avalon Tapestry II
- Complimentary pre-paid gratuities to your shipboard staff, cruise director and coach drivers
- All meals onboard the ship with Chef-inspired regional and American recipes to include:
- Daily four-course à la Carte dinner in the main dining room
- Daily breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot & cold menu
- Daily lunch with pasta or carving stations
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your ship
- Daily Evening Receptions to include adult beverages, soft drinks
- Excursions, fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Luxuriously appointed staterooms with hotel beds, hair dryer, safe and flat-screen TV with satellite for complimentary movie and entertainment options
- Remarkable service from your English-speaking crew and on-board cruise director
- Customized informative travel documents containing all trip details and helpful packing and planning information
Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, gratuities for airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, local tour guides, and any items of a personal nature. Travel insurance protection is not included. Ask your travel consultant about our reasonable options.
* To attend the conference and/or to take advantage of these low group rates, all stateroom reservations must be booked through “FOX WORLD TRAVEL”, our designated travel affiliate.
** The cabin deposit of $400 (non-refundable) per person and the Conference Registration Fee is immediately payable upon first booking this cruise/conference. Cruise Rates subject to change by cruise line.