SPAIN & PORTUGAL EDUCRUISE
CREDIT UNION WINDS OF CHANGE SYMPOSIUM 2024
August 27 – September 5th, 2024
Barcelona, Spain – round trip
Celebrity Cruise Line – ‘Celebrity Equinox’
EXPLORE CHANGES THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR SUCCESS
The speed of change in the financial industry is both exciting and challenging. Credit Union Leaders can’t continue to do “business as usual”, but must become flexible and quick. To be able to do this, credit union leaders must have an understanding of critical changes impacting strategic growth, leadership success, and innovation. Participants in this credit union cruise/conference will be given a better understanding of what changes are coming, how to prepare for fast paced change, how to become a more effective board member, and how to use this knowledge to experience transformational growth in your credit union.
Join Credit Union EduCruises on an adventure through Spain, Portugal and Morocco. You will be enchanted with the impressive architecture, incredible food and amazing scenery. Explore bustling cities like Lisbon and Barcelona, charming seaside towns, and culinary capitals. Embark on fascinating excursions and immerse yourself in the history and culture of these popular destinations. Sip port wine in Porto, enjoy a plate of paella in Seville, and admire the medieval buildings of Lisbon. Throughout your journey, there will be no shortage of art, food, and history to take in.
Credit Union Topics We Will Navigate
This CU EduCruise is packed with useful information, focused around these key strategic areas of concentration:
- Foundations of the Modern Credit Union Volunteer
- From Bylaws to Travel Policies: Creating Governance Documents that Work
- High Level Questions Boards Can Use to Increase Effectiveness
- Conduct Risk and Ethics for Credit Union Volunteers
- Learning from Other’s Mistakes: When Bad Things Happen to Good Credit Unions
- Open Forum: Let’s Discuss Those Key Issues That Keep You Up at Night
- And Much More …
Landing Big Benefits For Your Credit Union
- Receive Free Consultation with our on-board industry leaders
- Participate in multiple networking opportunities
- Discover personal development concepts that can help you grow
- Discuss how a successful Board & Management Team can communicate effectively
- Learn from others about their Credit Union's future change strategies
- Discover how your credit union can thrive in times of fast paced change
- Create a game-plan for future regulatory and economic change
- Find solutions to issues your CU is facing now, and may soon encounter
- Share with other CU Volunteers and Senior Management Leaders
All Sessions are very interactive. Questions, discussion, and exchange of ideas are highly encouraged. Some Pre-Cruise Work may be assigned. Plenty of Networking opportunities throughout this educational journey.
Attorney, author, consultant and nationally recognized trainer, David A. Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed and Jolly, PLLC. Through Reed and Jolly, Mr. Reed provides guidance to credit unions concerning a variety of matters including the establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters and corporate governance. In addition to his legal expertise, Mr. Reed is a Certified Fraud Examiner and Chairman of a Supervisory Committee. His engaging speaking style has garnered him status as a regular lecturer nationwide on topics such as regulatory compliance, governance, examination planning, consumer lending, bankruptcy and collections. He offers facilitation services and a full range of on-site training programs that can be delivered to the Board, executive team, managers or frontline staff.
Mr. Reed received his undergraduate degree from Virginia Tech in 1986 and his Juris Doctorate from George Mason University School of Law in 1989. He resides in Fairfax, Virginia with his wife Diane and an odd assortment of cats.
Nationally recognized speaker, writer and communications professional, Diane Reed, currently serves as President of CUDoctor, a full-service credit union consultancy, assisting credit unions nationwide with human resource, marketing, community relations, compliance, sales, training, board relations and governance, and executive support. Prior to joining CUDoctor, Diane served for more than a decade as Vice President of Administration for a mid-sized credit union. Diane’s expertise in “Service-Oriented Culture Change” has been cited in such publications as “Credit Union Times”, “Credit Union Management” and a host of other industry magazines. She has co-authored cross-discipline (Human Resources and Security) articles such as “Bad Guys Don’t Always Wear Black” published in “Credit Union Magazine.”
In 2016, she teamed up with CUNA to create and deliver the industry’s first Credit Union HR Compliance Certification School, a program which has proven not only popular but a new “necessary” for all credit union HR professionals. Prior to joining the credit union movement, Diane acted as Marketing Communications Director at Carfax, Inc.; as Communications Director for the International Gem & Jewelry Show, Inc. and as Marketing Director for Creative Hairdressers, Inc. She attended The American University and graduated from George Mason University where she specialized in Organizational Communication. Diane currently resides in Fairfax, Virginia with her husband David, a credit union guru in his own right.
ABOUT THE SHIP
PORT & CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
- Verandah Stateroom – Category V2: $2,743.00 per person
- Verandah Stateroom – Category VI: $2,788.00 per person
- Concierge Class Stateroom – Category C1: $3,028.00 per person
- Verandah Stateroom – Category V2: $5,047.00 per person
- Verandah Stateroom – Category VI: $5,137.00 per person
- Concierge Class Stateroom – Category C1: $5,617.00 per person
Enclosed pricing is capacity controlled. Rates are subject to change once the block of group staterooms have been sold. Additional stateroom categories are available based on current rates. Cruise taxes and fees are included and subject to change.
*3rd and 4th Person costs upon request.
Airline flights, air-imposed baggage fees, airport porters, meals (other than those included in the package); optional excursions that may be offered, and any items of a personal nature. Travel Insurance Protection is NOT INCLUDED. Ask your Fox World Travel Consultant about our reasonable rates and options
Stateroom Package Price Includes:
* Nine-night cruise aboard Celebrity’s Equinox
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and room service on board ship (specialty restaurants may be an additional cost)
- Choice of Verandah cabin categories
- Classic drink package (restrictions apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Gratuities to shipboard staff
- Current taxes and fees
- Entertainment as provided onboard the Equinox
Initial Deposit: $550.00 per person
Final Payment: No later than May 16, 2024
Celebrity Cancellation Fees:
From date of deposit to May 16, 2024 / Initial deposit of $550.00 per person
May 17 – June 13, 2024 / 50% package price cancellation fee
May 14 – June 27, 2024 / 75% package price cancellation fee
June 28, 2024 – 0 days prior to travel / No refunds
Fox World Cancellation Fee of $100.00 per reservation will apply in addition to any Fox Group Vacation or vendor cancellation penalties. Air tickets are non-refundable once ticketed.
CU EduCruises Information:
$1,700. Registration Fee for each conference attendee - if paid by Check
$1,900. Registration Fee for each conference attendee– If paid by Credit Card
$100.00 Early Booking Registration Fee discount if reserved by December 1, 2023
Ship Transfers: Contact Fox World Travel for Rates